Coffee meat sticks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I got a 3 chili java seasoning from a friend. Yea, sounds to complated for me. I like simple but I was out of sticks anyway.

Picked up some 85/15 beef and mixed. In the fridge for 36 hours.

Yup, looks the same after 36 hours.

Soaked some sheep casings for 3 days.

My stuffing skills still need work.

Into the smoker at 100 to dry. Took 1.5 hours then added pecan smoke in the expandable tube.

Bout done here. Dont look at the toothpicks.

When done I hung them in the basement overnight.

Tried a chunk the next morning.

Be back with more pics when they dry a bit in the fridge.

Looks great,I'm not holding out much hope for the taste but I don't like coffee! Hope you like them!!

Very interesting!

I love coffee so the taste may be to my liking!

It is a little weird though.

Al

Nice job Adam, They look pretty darn good to me  
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Thanks guys. The first taste test the next morning was ok.

After drying in the fridge for two days, big flavor change. Just a hint of coffee flavor, I am not a coffee drinker. Has nice heat from the peppers, mild and doesn't last.

Got some nice wrinkles.

Cross section cut, looks good to me.

Very pleased with these sticks. The 85/15 works better than 80/20 for my taste.

Now to get the recipe from him??????

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Adam, the sticks look awesome & that ya stuffed with sheep casings is really cool ! Nice work bro, very nice ! Thumbs Up

Adam, the sticks look awesome & that ya stuffed with sheep casings is really cool ! Nice work bro, very nice ! Thumbs Up

Thanks Justin. Don't know why people are scared of sheep casings. I have a custom made tube with a cheap stuffer with plastic gears, stuffed many pounds in to sheep with it.

Strange you should mention coffee in snack sticks.  After I made my last batch of Smoking Gun jerky rounds, I was wondering about putting some instant expresso in a batch to try.  I love coffee as do my co-workers who also love it when I bring in jerky.

So, thanks for reminding me of this - and your sticks are looking pretty good!

Strange you should mention coffee in snack sticks.  After I made my last batch of Smoking Gun jerky rounds, I was wondering about putting some instant expresso in a batch to try.  I love coffee as do my co-workers who also love it when I bring in jerky.

So, thanks for reminding me of this - and your sticks are looking pretty good!

Thanks. All I know is he said it was some high end imported coffee.

Post up what you come up with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky