Coconut charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's an older thread:

Chris

I've used the komodo Kamado coconut charcoal. It burns really long, hot, and clean and adds very little flavor so it works well for low and slow cooks when you don't want much smoke flavor or are looking for just the flavor from your wood chunks. I usually used it for long overnight cooks mixed with regular lump.

It's very hard to light; the last few times I used it by itself, I soaked a chunk in cooking oil and lit it with a weed burner and mapp gas. Once that chunk lit, it burned hot enough to ignite the rest.

Do you remember the brand. Also what was the issue with it. Price ?
Can't remember, got it from Gordons in a box. Had a nasty harsh smell and taste on the butt which I tossed because if I didn't like it I wasn't going to let anyone else eat it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky