Cocktails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Got a half pork butt on the smoker and most sides prepared now time for a cocktail. I try to stick with low carb drinks. I really missing my venors but it died with the virus and I guess never coming back. I been doing this one with tequila and diet ginger beer with a pack of lemon. These lemon and lime packs taste just like the real thing and handy when don't have any on hand.

What your favorites?

20210814_124055.jpg 20210814_124741.jpg

I guess beer is out. Scotch is low carb I think. Red wine. Not very good with smoking meat though.
We all start somewhere. Cooking and BBQ are my passion. Still have my failures. It part of the learning process. Where from Tx you from? I grew up just north of Detroit. Going to Mom funereal next month in Hart Mi.

Blanton's Bourbon with an orange wedge wiped on the rim of the glass or and a Classic Knob Creek Old Fashion if I want something a little sweeter. Either that or a Lone Star or Shiner Bock or lite beers if it's really hot, or I feel like pounding beers all day at the beach, pool or on the river bikini watching.

Blanton's Bourbon with an orange wedge wiped on the rim of the glass or and a Classic Knob Creek Old Fashion if I want something a little sweeter. Either that or a Lone Star or Shiner Bock or lite beers if it's really hot, or I feel like pounding beers all day at the beach, pool or on the river bikini watching.
Ooooooo, old fashioned. Good idea.

Vernor's is good stuff, we can still find it at our supermarkets, give it a month or two, and it will be back on the selves at your stores most likely. They halted production and US imports due to Covid according to their website. It says they will be ramping up production and shipping in the fall.

There is no way in hell that I would pay $38 for 18 cans of soda, even if it was the old time Coke that had Cocaine in it.:emoji_joy:

Last edited:
Such a coincidence... I fixed a cocktails for myself and noticed this post... :emoji_wink: Sometimes make classic cocktails like Manhattan, Margarita, rarely Long island ice tea... More often I play with recipes and fix my own cocktails, like this one: rom, Drambuie, Campari, Caravella and ice. This is hit or miss but I like to experiment... Never use cognac for cocktails -good cognac is good by it self....

Man I love old fashion. My whiskey works great for those. I need to go make some simple syrup now.

Long island ice tea
One of my favorites!

Reactions: forktender
I made my wife a bunch of sugar free Kahlua last year and a batch of sugar free Irish cream. She also LOVES cocktails made with vodka or white rum and any of the Ocean Spray Diet cranberry drinks. Especially the cran pineapple and cran mango

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky