Cleaning Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pacosr

Original poster
Sep 5, 2015
Hey I went to do some smoking today and when I took the cover off I discovered I made a huge mistake and didn't clean the smoker.  It has been at least a month of hot summer temps and the entire inside is mildewed and mold every where.   I;ve pulled out what I can to clean in sink and dishwasher.    Any ideas on cleaning inside?

I would scrape off all that I could with a putty knife.  If the interior is all stainless steel,  I would follow up with oven cleaner.  If not, a thorough scrubbing with hot soapy water.  Rinse well, dry, and re-season.  If your smoker is under a roof of some sort, I would forgo the cover.  Trapped moisture can grow mold.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky