Cleaned MES 30. Heats but no smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burghroots

Original poster
Aug 2, 2015
I cleaned my MES 30 a week ago. It's heats fine but the chips aren't smoking. Is there a connection I might have jarred loose?

not to my knowledge , the heating element is what makes the chips catch fire unless they have redesigned them, did you soak them? if you did stop, that slows down the fire lol, have read on the newer the temp may have to be ran up higher to get them started.

BR, I always get less residual smoke after a cleaning but the pan should have ignited the chips if the temp are up to snuff.

I could never get mine smoking unless I had it up to about 230° to get it started. Are you sure of your temps with additional thermometer ?

did you put your chip tray back in right, check to see if you might of bent it up, it may not be close enough to the element

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky