Clean Up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sasquatch

Fire Starter
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2006
Canton, Michigan
Hello Everyone, I have a few questions about clean up. Outside of the obvious...Racks, waterpan, and grease drip tray (GOSM). Perhaps even the the fire box now that I see all kinds of drips on it. What kind of cleaning do you do to the inside of the smoke box? Should I wipe down the walls, The inside of the top( condensation). Being new and all, I want to do the right thing to add life to my smoker and new found passion. Thanks in advance for any help and advice,
Todd

Todd, I spray everything down with "Greased Lighting" cleaner, let it sit for a bit then hit it with a power washer. Get the water hot enough and anything remaining will evaporate pretty quick.

I line the water pan with heavy duty foil prior to filling with water. Makes cleaning a breeze.

The racks get soaked in a rectangular plastic tube prior to cleaning with a plastic brush.

The grease tray in the Big Block gets scraped with a plastic "Bondo" applicator (like used for automotive body work) to remove solidified grease, then a strong concentration of dish soap occasionally for a more thorough cleaning.

The smoker sits in an automotive drip pan to keep fat drippings from getting all over the concrete in case of a leak.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky