• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Clean Up

sasquatch

Fire Starter
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2006
Hello Everyone, I have a few questions about clean up. Outside of the obvious...Racks, waterpan, and grease drip tray (GOSM). Perhaps even the the fire box now that I see all kinds of drips on it. What kind of cleaning do you do to the inside of the smoke box? Should I wipe down the walls, The inside of the top( condensation). Being new and all, I want to do the right thing to add life to my smoker and new found passion. Thanks in advance for any help and advice,
Todd

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Todd, I spray everything down with "Greased Lighting" cleaner, let it sit for a bit then hit it with a power washer. Get the water hot enough and anything remaining will evaporate pretty quick.

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
I line the water pan with heavy duty foil prior to filling with water. Makes cleaning a breeze.

The racks get soaked in a rectangular plastic tube prior to cleaning with a plastic brush.

The grease tray in the Big Block gets scraped with a plastic "Bondo" applicator (like used for automotive body work) to remove solidified grease, then a strong concentration of dish soap occasionally for a more thorough cleaning.

The smoker sits in an automotive drip pan to keep fat drippings from getting all over the concrete in case of a leak.

sasquatch

Fire Starter
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2006
Thanks for the advice guys, my smoke house thanks you .....and So do I ofcoarse.
Todd

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.