Chucky Roast today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomad_archer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
Brickerville, PA
In preparation for doing a brisket next weekend I used a 3.5lb chuck roast as an experiment on technique and seasoning. I only underestimated the cook time by 3 hours. My wife said her pieces near the ends were a little dry. That may have been because I tried to ride out the stall but gave up after 2 hours stuck between 154 and 165. After wrapping I took it to and It of 195.
20200125_195918.jpg

20200125_195707.jpg

20200125_200903.jpg

I also threw some chicken legs on.
20200125_144310.jpg

Looks good . I've done 4 chucks , and they all went to 210 before they were tender . What did you cook them on ?

Nice job on the chucky!

Like!

I did the same thing a few weeks back to get ready for my brisket cook. Worked out fine.

Luck next weekend. I am assuming the brisket is for the big game?

John

Nice job on the chucky!

Like!

I did the same thing a few weeks back to get ready for my brisket cook. Worked out fine.

Luck next weekend. I am assuming the brisket is for the big game?

John

The brisket is just because. Although I forgot next weekend is the big game. My team didn't have a chance to get into the playoffs this year so I haven't been following too closely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky