• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuckie and pastrami, together again

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
  Chuck roast, marinated overnight in chopped garlic; dried rosemary, oregano, basil, crushed fennel; cpb, old bay (I put that stuff in everything!); olive oil, brown mustard and red wine.

small, purchased corned beef.  Rinsed and rubbed with 2 Tbsp. brown mustard, 1 t old bay, 1/2 tsp. each paprika, onion powder, crushed fennel seeds (out of cardamom), and chachere's creole seasoning. If I'd had a bit of horseradish, I'd use it, too.

Into the smoker at 225; foiled after about 4-1/2 hours, at 160 IT - chuck, 170 IT- corned beef, In for another 2-/2-3 hours.

yup, finally some snow in our neck of the woods.  sharing the CSE with a breakfast fattie and some crumbled italian sausage

(for forluvosmoke's corn chowder)  I used 3 oz. pecan chips and 1 oz wine barrel chips.

pulling chuckie, then into the freezer for future pasta sauce

love to see that color.  It'll get some steaming in the oven and then slicing for sammies.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
You have been a busy girl. The chuckie & the pastrami both look delicious. What's next?

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Pastrami makes my mouth start to water. We're almost neighbors. I think I can smell the pastrami?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.