Chuck Roast with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trevorh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Northern California
5.2 pound chuck. Put on at 1:30 PST. Rub down basic. Salt. Pepper. Garlic powder. Chili Powder. Worcestershire sauce for a little moisture.

GMG pellet. 275 degrees. Trying to get Q view to work from my iPhone....standby

Finally got pics to upload....see post below

:yahoo:

Last edited:
Looks good so far.

popcorn.gif

Happy smoken.

David

Man that sure is a fine looking piece of meat there.  Don't see many 7 bone chuck roasts around here anymore.  I'm sure that roast will be awesome!!  Reinhard

So I pulled the bare roast from the rack at around 165 IT. I panned it and added beef stock and some more Worchestershire sauce. Foiled and stuck the probe in. It's 196 here in this pic. I'll pull it at 203 and let it rest for about an hour.

They come out really good. The texture varies. Some of it can be really moist like brisket point and some of it can be a little bit more dense like brisket flat. I pulled this Chucky at 204°. It wouldn't pull. So, I know that internal temperature can vary when considering doneness, but next time I might take it all the way to 210°. These roasts have amazing beef flavor

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky