Chubby 3400 - where do you route probe wires?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foxct

Original poster
May 2, 2020
Hi, I recently got a Backwoods Chubby 3400. Do you run the temperature probe wires under the door gasket? I snaked one down the exhaust chimney for general temp in the the unit, but I'm not crazy about several wires running down that chimney. Thanks

Reactions: kruizer
When I had my Backwoods I ran the probe wires through the hinged side of the door.
You’ll love your new BW. Great cookers.

Johnny Ray

Thanks for the reply, I will try that out. I'm brand new to charcoal and enjoying it

Same as the others have said. I just run it under the gasket. I do it on the latch side, but you have to be careful about getting it pinched in the latch itself.

Reactions: foxct
I have cooked on a bunch of different kinds of cookers. Backwoods is one of my favorites. One of the best ribs cookers I’ve ever used.
JR
Good to hear, I bought it out of frustration with my pellet smoker. Back to basics, charcoal n wood

Reactions: Johnny Ray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky