Chrrstmas Eve standing rib roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Not a lot of pics just finished product.
IMG950142.jpg
IMG950147.jpg
IMG950148.jpg

I sure wish that would have been my Christmas Eve dinner! I had to go to my wife's family Eve party, turned out to be all great folks. When we got there the host told me he'd put on a brisket packer at 6am that morning and pulled it off at 2pm, it was resting foiled in a cooler when we arrived at 2:20 a hair later. I haven't smoked a brisket, yet, but I have eaten brisket at the Salt lick and Franklins BBQ when we were in Austin a few years back, along with a few other places over time. I could barely chew the stuff, and then had to lie and tell the guy it was pretty darned good, maybe could have used a bit more time. They all believe I'm a authority on meat smoking as they've been over to our place for a few meals, pulled pork, ribs, and such. Now I have to live with being a liar, which I guess is better than living with the wrath of my wife. I guess I'll do a brisket this spring when the fam is here to show him how it's supposed to be done. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm ranting. PH69, your prime looks perfect in every way, big LIKE! RAY

Reactions: forktender
Beautiful piece of meat PH!! I do love a standing rib roast...as does the puppy since she gets the bones :emoji_laughing: Excellent job and a big LKE!!

I sure wish that would have been my Christmas Eve dinner!

Well Ray, it's a bit late for Christmas eve but I have a Certified Piedmontese Beef standing rib roast that I'm gonna be doing later on the rotisserie of the Santa Maria grill over mesquite. Jump a plane, drag the wife along, and come join us for dinner. We'd be thrilled to have you.

Rollin' out the red carpet,
Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
That's a root-n-toot-n good looking piece of meat right there. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

[QUOTE Well Ray, it's a bit late for Christmas eve but I have a Certified Piedmontese Beef standing rib roast that I'm gonna be doing later on the rotisserie of the Santa Maria grill over mesquite. Jump a plane, drag the wife along, and come join us for dinner. We'd be thrilled to have you.
Rollin' out the red carpet,Robert [/QUOTE]

Gosh I wish I could Robert, and thank you for the generous invitation. In awhile my wife will go pick up her 94 year-old father from the Oldies Hotel to spend the day with us. I'm going to grind up some odds and ends from this weeks prime rib extravaganza for a meat loaf dinner, old Daddy isn't much on chewing anymore. Enjoy that prime dinner, and I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas Day. RAY

Not much else is needed to be honest. Looks amazing! Little to no grey meat on edges. Executed very nicely. Like!
Thank you. Real low and slow
Beautiful piece of meat PH!! I do love a standing rib roast...as does the puppy since she gets the bones :emoji_laughing: Excellent job and a big LKE!!
Funny you mention puppy. I give a bone to each of our dogs as a Christmas treat
That's a root-n-toot-n good looking piece of meat right there. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you sir

Looks Awesome!!!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thank you

Looks awesome! Merry Christmas!
Thank you
Great looking PR! How did you cook it?
Montreal seasoning, 200-230 for four and half hours. It spent some time under 200 before I would add a split. Oak and hickory. IT 120 - 125 when pulled and wrapped. The pics are an hour later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky