Christmas prime rib leftovers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
I might be on the leading edge of this as we had our Christmas dinner on the 24th for work schedule reasons. So today, I came back from work early since it was a slow day... wifes at work, so I figured it's time for leftovers. I busted out the rest of the prime rib and sliced, trimmed and diced some up to throw on the griddle for cheesesteaks.. I used up the leftover red onion, some older colby jack cheese and yesterday's dinner rolls.
Spot on "Thanks dad!, those were good" from the kiddos.. I might switch up to ribeye for all of my cheesesteaks..

20221225_213218.jpg

20221225_213240.jpg

I busted out the rest of the prime rib and sliced, trimmed and diced some up to throw on the griddle for cheesesteaks.. I used up the leftover red onion, some older colby jack cheese and yesterday's dinner rolls.
Spot on "Thanks dad!, those were good" from the kiddos.. I might switch up to ribeye for all of my cheesesteaks..
Good choice!
Wife and I love cheesesteak. I usually use strip loin for the beef. Unless the sirloin is prime it just doesn't make the sandwich

Nothing wrong with them! They look great!

Ryan
Thanks.. I gotta get my camera up to speed. All my pics look blurry to me.
No fuss no muss and cleaned up some space no waste.

I sure it was tasty too. Win all around.
Indeed. I love to repurpose leftovers and the herb /garlic rub I had on the roast, along with the carmy red onion and tender meat came together for the best cheesesteak sliders I've ever made.

Reactions: negolien
Spot on, excellent use of the leftovers.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great to me . I'm in for some leftovers myself , but might be breakfast .

I gotta get my camera up to speed. All my pics look blurry to me.
If you use a camera that has a food setting on it , it causes the surrounding area to blend out and the focus is on the center point of the shot .
Pics look good to me though .

Nice looking sandwich! After living in the kitchen yesterday. I'm doing simple patty melts for dinner. Won't compare to this sammie though!

Ok, you got my attention. I have a couple nice slices of PR left from yesterday and several sour cream and onion rolls. Hmmmm...wondering what I might be able to throw together :emoji_wink:

Robert

Nice though i really don't like purple onions cooked like that I always go sweet yellow or maybe some shallots. I 100% will F*** up some red onions in just about everything else though lol. I' am a purple onion addict. I make macaroni salad with miracle whip, relish, tad of mustard and an A*SLoad of red onions. I 100% ALWAYS have a bag of them in the house. Looks fantastic though thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky