Christmas in August - New Griddle - Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice . You're gonna love that . I bought the 28 " Blackstone 2 or 3 years ago for $ 99.00 at Walmart . They make great burgers , breakfast and all sorts of stuff .

Your burger looks fantastic . Frying up some bacon really gets them seasoned .

Bacon is good for anything. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Those burgers look fantastic!
I have that same flat top & that is one heck of a good price.
When we first got our's, we were cooking breakfast, lunch, & dinner on it.
And your right, clean up is a breeze & they are very well made!
If you like English muffins then give this recipe a try.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...de-on-a-flat-top-step-by-step-w-qview.242545/
Al

Thanks Al. Cool recipe on the English muffins I am going to have to give that a shot one of these days. You ever do any hibachi or fajitas on yours?

Great looking burgers. Can't beat the end of the season sales.

Warren

I like the toasted buns that's how all the burger places use to serve them.

Warren

Thanks Warren! I agree toasted buns are essential. And those end of the season prices are great. I use my grills and smokers year round. Word is Wal-Mart is going to knock the blackstone down to $175 within the next couple weeks

Nice . You're gonna love that . I bought the 28 " Blackstone 2 or 3 years ago for $ 99.00 at Walmart . They make great burgers , breakfast and all sorts of stuff .

Your burger looks fantastic . Frying up some bacon really gets them seasoned .

Thanks man. The burgers were great and hard to beat! You ever cook any hibachi or fajitas on yours? I am going to hit breakfast food in the next few days but was wanting to do some other stuff on it for dinners this week.

Reactions: Richard Foster
I boned out and skinned some chicken thighs and cut them into chunks . I used Tropics Italian chicken sausage seasoning on them and let it sit over night .
Next day threw the chicken on the Blackstone with green peppers and onions .
You could go on a roll with some sauce and cheese , or we had it over garlic pasta .

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I boned out and skinned some chicken thighs and cut them into chunks . I used Tropics Italian chicken sausage seasoning on them and let it sit over night .
Next day threw the chicken on the Blackstone with green peppers and onions .
You could go on a roll with some sauce and cheese , or we had it over garlic pasta .

Sounds great. I did some onions and bacon before I cooked these smash burgers. Those were the best smelling and tasting onions I have ever done and I'm not a huge onion guy. Saw a post last year on here where a guy filled a burlap sack full of oysters and steamed them on his blackstone.

Thanks Joe. I've been doing the same thing with using cast iron on my gas grill. Pain in the ass. This thing cooked so quick and evenly it was amazing. First breakfast cook is coming up on Saturday morning...that is if I cant convince the family to have breakfast for dinner one night before that!

Pellet grill and a griddle sounds like a pretty good combo. Wife said since I got this she wants a new vacuum and they aren't cheap. I said we have 2 vacuums and they work just fine. She said you have 2 smokers and a gas grill before you bought that and they worked just fine. Touché...guess I'm saving for a dyson now

Yeah, I’ve been in that argument before, and it’s a losing battle, lol

I’ve been called a hoarder of kitchen gadgets. But I also do 90% of the cooking. I usually tell her sarcastically “How does an artist or surgeon work without the proper tools!?” That’s when I get the eyeroll and the head shake.

Thanks Joe. I've been doing the same thing with using cast iron on my gas grill. Pain in the ass. This thing cooked so quick and evenly it was amazing. First breakfast cook is coming up on Saturday morning...that is if I cant convince the family to have breakfast for dinner one night before that!

Pellet grill and a griddle sounds like a pretty good combo. Wife said since I got this she wants a new vacuum and they aren't cheap. I said we have 2 vacuums and they work just fine. She said you have 2 smokers and a gas grill before you bought that and they worked just fine. Touché...guess I'm saving for a dyson now
Dyson's are overrated (trust me, I know). For that money, you can buy a used Electrolux that will suck the A#$ out of a cat, and have enough to go towards a good pellet grill.

Dyson's are overrated (trust me, I know). For that money, you can buy a used Electrolux that will suck the A#$ out of a cat, and have enough to go towards a good pellet grill.

Wife loves the dysons. We have two of them but are older models. Don't know if I can convince her otherwise haha

Nice pick up. i been waiting for the sales myself, hopefully i can pick one up soon..

If you have a rural king near you they had these camp chef's on clearance. Had a buddy check at wal-mart he said an associate told him to start checking within the next couple weeks and they might have the blackstone's for $175. Smokers are already on clearance

I'm 45 mins away so next cook I'll be the impartial judge of the cook, you sound a little bias. :emoji_wink:Looks good and I'll have to chk out our RK here in town. Enjoy

I'm 45 mins away so next cook I'll be the impartial judge of the cook, you sound a little bias. :emoji_wink:Looks good and I'll have to chk out our RK here in town. Enjoy

Grab some cold ones and come down anytime! Football season is less than two weeks away so there will be lots more cooking on this thing and smoking too!

Fajitas for sure!!
Al

Fajitas, Hibachi, and Breakfast are next up on the list.

I was looking at the camp chef pizza oven attachment. I'm thinking if I remove the griddle top it would set on the grill grates and work like it would the camp stoves. Probably going to have to wait though the wife is going to divorce me if I buy anymore cooking equipment right now haha

Awesome Score, John!!
Now you gotta eat more, or have more guests!!
Wouldn't be right to only make two burgers on that Steel Gridiron!!
Where's the Goalposts!!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky