• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Christmas dinner ideas?

light-it-up

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 19, 2010
Hey gang-

Looking to do something special this year...maybe prime rib in the smoker, but what else? What are some of the more interesting ideas you guys have for the holidays?

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Smoked Goose is another unique idea.  I like the suckling pig notion too.  So many meats, so little smoking time!! 

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I vote for the prome rib on the smoker, thats what we are having here

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
We'll be going with the Prime Rib again this year

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
For Christmas I usually do prime rib & goose.

smokester

Joined Aug 21, 2009
Well... I always do a prime rib as I will again this year, but thinking of adding a ham also. 

If you smoke it.....they will eat.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Once you go prime rib you'll never go back. Their some of the best meat I have ever eatin out of the smoker. Now there's a bunch of different meats that you can smoke. I have gone with Goat, Duck, Goose, and alot of venison. The coice is yours and the world is at you beckin call.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Do a search for Bearcarvers prime rib. While I have not used his recipe yet, it gets rave reviews, but dont tell him or his head will swell up  

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I'm gonna smoke a pastrami this year, I'm tired of bird, ham.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Christmas Eve Prime Rib, planning to smoke it, Cioppino. Christmas day, any prime rib left ?, Salmon, big Costco fillet, smoked or grilled; Braciole, Italian stuffed flank steak, braised in tomatoes, garlic and dash of wine, that's it - makes its own amazing sauce.    always Scotch Eggs for Christmas morning. great with beer!

smokermark

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 15, 2010
Lots of great suggestions here. How about a nice pork loin rack roast maybe even a whole ham with a nice sweet potato or yam dish? It's hard to beat prime rib though.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.