Chips, Chuncks or Pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmastera

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
Denver
I currently use chips which I bought for my Smoke Hollow, but now that I am almost finished with the WOPR I was wondering if I should use something different. Waht are the benefits \ downfalls to each? I have had good burns with the chips so far but would chunks or pellets work better in a large volume smoker?

yo,
in my electric smoker--
sawdust--chips --and pellets work good...
i set chips in tinfoil loaf pan--directly on element--no cover
i get them 4 for a buck-at the dollar store

i used to use metel pie pans--
if my honey spots 1 that i used--
she will throw it away

the chunks only burn/smolder part of the way thru---
even when i dont soak them---

PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
:ic on_mrgreen:

yea I'd probably stick with the chips/sawdust for the electrics and even gas burners.......now if you are wood burning or charcoal....then chunks would be okay.......I stick to chips myself.......

I like to use chunks& chips for the GOSM gas burner....chips go up pretty quickly,so I like to use a mix of both.

J -

I am not experianced with electric smokers except a cardboard light bulb smoker I used to use and it would seem similar in some respects. I'd stick with dust and chips and maybe very small chunks not much bigger than chips.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky