Chipotle / Garlic Mixed Nuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
I have had some requests for the recipe for my Chipotle Garlic Mixed nuts so here it is

I use the mixed nuts from Costco as pictured below with Chipotle Powder and Granulated Garlic

cd0a6d14_Stuff026.jpg

I pour the nuts into a large mixing bowl (sorry this shot was really blurry) and sprinkle a little olive oil over the nuts and then hit them with a mixture of 2/3 Chipotle Powder and 1/3 Granulated Garlic until they have a light coating. Once coated they go into aluminum pans with holes poked in the bottom to allow for smoke penetration

29cf21d1_914Smoke011.jpg

The nuts get divided into two pans to get a good smoke flavor all the way thru

2202dcb3_Stuff027.jpg

Here is a sample of how to use the AMNPS with sawdust instead of pellets. This is a mixture of Pecan and Apple

45f6e7d0_914Smoke002.jpg

Here they are about an hour and a half into a two hour smoke at 225

714c2d79_914Smoke007.jpg

Here they are at two hours and ready to package (and eat)

1b067b25_914Smoke008.jpg

Thanks for looking - give these a try they are killer

Reactions: pitbulmom
Those look great!  I just made some homemade granulated chipotle and was looking for something to try it out on!!!!  Beautiful!
Mix that chipotle into some mayo for an amazing sandwich spread or to dip fries into.

Thanks Gary it is a great idea .are they raw or roasted?
Hey Ahron

These are roasted and the thing I like about them is they contain very few peanuts. Now I love peanuts and can eat heaping pile of them but these are mostly premium nuts. Lots of cashews for sure.

Awesome Gary!!!

They look real tasty!!!!

Those aren't just plain nuts either, like some!

f2fc2bef_thumbnail-1.aspx.jpg

Thanks,

Bear

Thanks Bear - I need to ship some of these to you. I will get some to you soon

You dont have to send me any I will just pick mine up when I am out there in Dec.  Ha Ha Ha...They look great a must try for me.

Look forward to seeing you. Come on down

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky