Chipotle Adobo Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
I liked the Adobo teres major I did a couple of months ago enough that I wanted to do a larger eye round with these seasonings.

Puree an entire small can of chipotles in adobo sauce. I used three giant tablespoons of the puree and froze the rest for next time.
2.5% salt
0.25% cure #2
2% cracked black pepper
1% chipotle powder (preferably made from chipotles you smoked yourself)
0.5% garlic powder

Vac sealed and cured for a little over one month, rinsed, and shoved into a 90mm collagen casing that was pricked heavily, and wiped down with Mold 600. Net it up and into the cave.

1666896633854.png

1666896668700.png

1666896689650.png

1666896699646.png

1666896710584.png

Until it hits 40%-45%. I expect 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: babydoc
Good start! Interesting flavors...definitely not traditional! But I like it!

When I did it on a smaller muscle it was smoky delicious. I'm going to do a salami around the same flavor profile. I did a fast fermented chorizo awhile ago, maybe use that as the base, but replace paprika with chipotle and poblano powder.

thanks for the info, should make for a awesome christmas time treat!

Just looked at my log, one that was 643 grams raw took exactly two months to break the 40% mark. I err on the side of dry with these, I don't like a spongy middle, so this 987g will probably go closer to Valentines.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky