Chipolte Mojo Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Thought I would finally try some of the Goya Chipolte Mojo Crillio. I am not normally a fan of Goya Mojo, finding it too watery compared to Badia and some other brands. This Mojo with thick and quite tasty. Marinaded these two chucks overnight.

Added a modified Jeff's Rub

Also decided to do some small potatoes that I would place in a drip pan beneath the Chucks. Added some potato rub.

I held off adding these right away, not being sure how long they would take compared to the Chucks which I figured around 6 hours or so.

Choice of wood for this smoke was Pecan and Cherry. Normally I like Oak and Cherry for Beef. Set the smoker for 250º. Spritzed them occasionally with a mixture of Apple Juice/Wisers Deluxe. And decided on Sand in the water pan due to colder temps coming that night.

After about 4 1/2 hours I wrapped both Chucks. Poured alittle Beef Broth over them to add some moisture. Also some in the Potato pan.

Pretty good bark, but would have like to have seen a little more.

After wrapping I raised the temps up to 295º. At 6:30 PM they were done. Pulled them at 210º IT.

Potatoes were a little more done that I liked and I removed them earlier, wrapped in foil and placed in a slightly warmed oven.

After an hour wrapped in foil and towels in our cooler, I unwrapped these goodies.

Very nice and look at that juice.
drool.gif

Pulled very nicely and the flavor from the chipolte mojo was very good. My wife kept stealing pieces from the pan.
biggrin.gif

Potatoes were alittle over done but pretty flavorful from the drippings. Probably no more than 3 hours would have been better.

Last edited:
My mouth is watering!
drool.gif
I like chipolte in adobo sauce, how is the flavor compared to that? Hotter? They look soooo good. The bark came out really nice.

Jealous!

That looks great! Chuckies are on sale this week I need to investigate...JJ

I never really knew about Mojo's and adobo's until I started on this forum. I did a similar homemade adobo on pork tenderloins a few weeks ago. It turned out good and I'm itching to do more when the weather warms. Nice job. Did you pull that chuckie with your hands? Some nice looking juicy chunks in there.

My mouth is watering!
drool.gif
I like chipolte in adobo sauce, how is the flavor compared to that? Hotter? They look soooo good. The bark came out really nice.

Jealous!
I think my taste buds are burned out from some of our local chicken wings.
biggrin.gif
  Not really that hot and I can't say I have tried adobo sauce in this same situation. Will give that a whirl some time. Just a good flavoring to the meat.

I never really knew about Mojo's and adobo's until I started on this forum. I did a similar homemade adobo on pork tenderloins a few weeks ago. It turned out good and I'm itching to do more when the weather warms. Nice job. Did you pull that chuckie with your hands? Some nice looking juicy chunks in there.
 I use Bear Claws for our meat pulling.

Looks great Flash. I love those bear claws also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky