Chili names

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Alright, need some assistance from rather creative folks on here. We do an annual chili cookoff every year and Im trying to come up with a name for the chili. Basic characteristics is its a smoked chili with a hint of chipotle heat, made with stewmeat and both red and black beans.

Both the stew meat and onions will be smoked for 2 hrs before assembling. Then after the batch is combine and simmers a good 2-3 hrs until the stew meat is fall apart good, the entire batch goes back into the MES40 for another 2hrs . Last year I used hickory, Ill stick with that or mix in a bit of mesquite.

"Kevin D's Chili Shazo"

"DeShazo Chili Wowzer"

"Kevin D's Chili Supreme"

"DeShazo's Double Bean Delight Chili"

Do they have a good sense of humor?
I can go downhill pretty fast....

DeShazo's Rod Stiffener Chili

Kevin D's Tongue Twistin Double Good Double Bean Panty Blaster Chili. (It'll blow a thong off!)

I have a few other ideas but they probably wouldnt fly here at the office.

We are also doing dessert, gonna make a chocolate bourbon pecan pie, thought about calling the pie either the "Charlie Sheen" or " Gary Busey" because its " Rich, Nutty and Boozed" . If I go with Charlie Sheen for the pie, I could call the chili #Winning. Which also goes along with me winning the cook off last year with the same recipe.

Little follow up on above chili recipe. I smoke the stew meat before making the chili, is there any benefit of smoking the meat in 1 pan vs 2 pans. If I split up the amount of meat into two pans, will I get more smoke flavor out of the meat or will just putting it all in one pan suffice. I did one pan last year and got great results, just wondering will splitting up the meat be adventagous.

Little follow up on above chili recipe. I smoke the stew meat before making the chili, is there any benefit of smoking the meat in 1 pan vs 2 pans. If I split up the amount of meat into two pans, will I get more smoke flavor out of the meat or will just putting it all in one pan suffice. I did one pan last year and got great results, just wondering will splitting up the meat be adventagous.

I would say that depends on taste. If you wanted the meat to taste smokier, then spread it. If it was good, stay with what you've done before.

Still figuring out a name for the chili, I have till tomorrow to figure it out but thought Id share some of the progress.
Seasoned stewmeat and onions about to make their way to their smoky warm house for the next two hours
0207190748.jpg

Meat and onions have smoked for two hours with hickory and mesquite, browned in a bit of bacon fat, and now the remainder of the chili makings have simmered for about two hours on the stove and prepped to go back into the smoker.
0207191319.jpg

And now after another two hours in the smoker, its complete. Nowbto let it sit till tomorrow and all the flavors to meld together.
IMG_20190207_160641_869.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky