Chickens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just try and have the best bio security you can...getting to be more bird flu again and alot of chickens being euthanized

Ryan

No joke, there. I have a friend who is a veterinarian who specializes in fowl.

Told me last week about having to oversee the extermination of thousands of chickens at one site.

The chix are here.

chix.jpg

I need to pick up a few more this spring. I usually buy them already feathered out from people I know. I pay a bit more per bird, but I prefer to do it that way.

They are getting bigger. Going to make a larger run for them.
In KY you have to buy 6 or more at a time.

20220410_094305.jpg

Chickens are fun. We used to have 40 but couldn't keep the coons and hawks at bay.......woke up to a blood bath one morning lol

Maybe you should get them a couple of sets of weights, a Speed-Bag, and a Heavy Bag, so they work out & kick Coon-Butts, Hawks & other intruders.

Bear

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Maybe you should get them a couple of sets of weights, a Speed-Bag, and a Heavy Bag, so they work out & kick Coon-Butts, Hawks & other intruders.

Bear
I have a solution for coons and such.
Its A
Gamo Swarm Fusion 10x Gen2, 22 cal pellet rifle.

Making the coop bigger. Making a hoop coop.

20220415_174307.jpg

20220415_173029.jpg

20220415_172423.jpg

Reactions: DougE
Looks good Rick here's one I did last year. We pretty much have all the predators around here so it makes it a bit harder. This one is cattle panels with hardware cloth zip tied to them. Cattle panels on top and bottom as well.
That one has been disassembled and a new bigger one just finished. I'll post pics of the new one if anybody is interested

Attachments

• 4837.jpeg
    4837.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 4833.jpeg
    4833.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 4667.jpeg
    4667.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 15
Looks good Rick here's one I did last year. We pretty much have all the predators around here so it makes it a bit harder. This one is cattle panels with hardware cloth zip tied to them. Cattle panels on top and bottom as well.
That one has been disassembled and a new bigger one just finished. I'll post pics of the new one if anybody is interested
That's really cool !!
I never saw such fancy places for Chickens before.
They may be around, but I never saw them.
Very Nice!

Bear

Got to make the door tomorrow, then let the girls in.
Hoop covered sides, backs and top with 1" galvanized chicken mesh.

The house is and Eglu Cube large. Just search for Omlet chicken coop.

chrun4.jpg

chrun5.jpg

chrun6.jpg

Watch out using chicken wire, raccoons can go through it like it isn't even there. I do my runs in welded wire with 1/2 inch mesh added along the bottom.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I don't have the pic any longer, but I had a coon rip a hole through the back of a have a heart live trap to escape.

Chickens are getting bigger every week.
20220508_172104.jpg

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky