Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Spatchcocked a chicken in the master built smoker. Used a mix of pecan and apple wood chips. Rubbed it with Meatchurch honey hog and cooked it at 375degrees for a IT of 165degrees in the breast. Tastes pretty darn good. Lesa, the wife, is gonna make chicken salad with it. If I don’t eat it up as I tear it off the bone.
B0FDBC40-9771-4671-BD82-A6C0BE51120A.jpeg 55F23675-3F10-4BBF-A8EA-ACA9963BFEFB.jpeg
And I whipped up a little something sweet to snack on. Puff pastry with chocolate and butterscotch filling drizzled with a simple glaze.
E28EA9C8-F358-4A02-8334-8B82E99B2E45.jpeg
Thanks for looking.
Jim

Man thats gonna make for some darn good chicken salad! And the sweets?! Butterscotch and chocolate! Yes please!

Reactions: JLeonard
That chicken looks great Jim. But those sweets take the cake! LOL. Great work, enjoy.

Man that looks awesome! I’d end up eating half of it while cleaning it from the bone lol. Last time I smoked chicken I smoked a pan of broth under it. I mixed some of that smokey broth into the mayo when I made chicken salad with the leftovers. Was awesome.

jcam222 jcam222 It was hard not to eat all of it. Me and the sous chefs (dogs) did a good bit of snacking on the skin and some other little parts as I pulled it off the bone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky