Chicken Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm not sure what you were expecting. Smoke the wings and if you want crispier skin, finish them on the grill. you also could look up some of the recipes, there is a cool hot wing recipe that is here which involves injecting Cajun butter and hot sauce. I can't remember the name of the recipe

Hi All So the best way to do the wings would be to grilled them on my WSM. Forgive me I didn't know the WSM could be used as a grill.. Just might go that way, put the wings in a basket so I just have to turn the basket, and not all the wings.
Thanks DanB

Hi All
Right now the wings are sitting in 3 different marinades. Tomorrow they will go into a basket then onto my Smoky Joe grill. I'm hoping I can tell which is which after they cook.
1 Italian Dressing
2 Teriyaki
3 Latin
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
Hi All Cooking very hot n fast. I had to put bricks under the basket to get some distance from the fire
blabla.gif
Bottom line the wings could have much more cristy. Italian dressing tasted the best.
DanB
jSlVK9D.jpg

ftR8n4z.jpg

Reactions: negolien
You could smoke as normal, then take the middle section off, Let the fire get good and hot, and lay your grate on the charcoal ring. You basically now have a kettle grill to crisp the skin. No need to fire up a second grill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky