Chicken Tenders Two Ways (Breaded & Naked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chicken Tenders Two Ways (Breaded & Naked)

I don’t think I ever got these before, but they were on sale, so I got some.

I figured I might as well do an experiment to see if We like them better Breaded or Naked.

So I got my Breading machine to bread 7 of the 14 Tenders.
I was still using my #360 at the time, so I sprayed a little olive oil on them & put them in the Crisper Basket.
Put Basket on position #2, and Baking pan below to catch any drips.
Set at 350° for 30 minutes—Check at 20 minutes & they were done—all over 180°.
Added Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy & Green Beans.

On Edit: I forgot to mention---As for "Breaded or Naked", they were too close to pick which I liked best, so I will always be doing them Naked, just like I do Drums, Thighs, and Boneless Skinless Thighs.

I’ll put the rest of the Info in the captions above each Picture (Below).

Enjoy,

Bear

14 Chicken Tenders---7 Breaded, 7 Naked In the Crisper Basket.
Good thing that's all I Thawed, because that Basket is FULL !
IMG_6705.jpeg

Not Quite done yet:
IMG_6706.jpeg

Bear's first Supper, with Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and Green Beans:
IMG_6708.jpeg

2nd Night's Supper--- Medallions of each, with Leftover Green Bears:
IMG_6709.jpeg

OOOOPS, forgot to add my Dip of Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce mixed with Frank's Hot Sauce:
IMG_6710.jpeg

Movie Snacks---Leftover pieces with Jeff's BBQ Sauce for Dipping:
IMG_6713.jpeg

Angel Food Cake for Dessert:
IMG_6711.jpeg

And some Cherry Pie Filling to Jazz it up a bit:
IMG_6712.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great Bear I'll take 1 of each please! And a slice of cake ! But did you prefer the breaded or naked ?

Nice piece of work John, Like! I love fried chicken, someday I might even use my 360 for some! RAY

Nice job Mr. Bear. As a general rule I don't care for breaded chicken, except for Southern style fried chicken. Tenders are the exception to that rule. I don't get to cook chicken around here because if Tracy's allergy to it but we have a Busch's Chicken in town that does a pretty darned good job. I stopped there for lunch yesterday....and got tenders. As asked above, which was your preference and did you season the un-breaded ones with anything or just cook them straight up?

Robert

We get those now and again . They're good . Try the dill pickle juice soak for an hour . Then cook as you did . Makes a good sandwich .
Nice meals there .

Reactions: MJB05615 and robrpb
Looks mighty tasty from where I'm sitting

Gary

Looks excellent, John. All 3 meals look real good. I gotta try that pickle juice everyone's talking about.
That Angel Food Cake steals the show, especially with that Cherry topping. Nice work.

Looks great John! Glad to see your breading machine is still in action too!

Thank You John!!
Oh Yeah--She's Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear I'll take 1 of each please! And a slice of cake ! But did you prefer the breaded or naked ?

Thank You 912!!!
Too close to call, so Naked wins.

Bear

Nice piece of work John, Like! I love fried chicken, someday I might even use my 360 for some! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Does Mrs Bear know you refer to her as a breading machine LOL
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
Yup---She knows---Makes her laugh too.
Hey 52 years married to me---She has to have a good sense of Humor!!

Bear
Bear

nd
Nice job Mr. Bear. As a general rule I don't care for breaded chicken, except for Southern style fried chicken. Tenders are the exception to that rule. I don't get to cook chicken around here because if Tracy's allergy to it but we have a Busch's Chicken in town that does a pretty darned good job. I stopped there for lunch yesterday....and got tenders. As asked above, which was your preference and did you season the un-breaded ones with anything or just cook them straight up?

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
They were both about the same, so I won't be breading them too often.
This time I didn't but normally I would add some CBP, a little Gar Pow, and Onion Powder.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

We get those now and again . They're good . Try the dill pickle juice soak for an hour . Then cook as you did . Makes a good sandwich .
Nice meals there .

Thank You Rich!!!
Hmmm Dill Pickle juice soak---Interesting!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear and Angel food cake for dessert. Yum.

Rob

Thank You Rob!!
And for the Like too.

Bear

Bear the chicken looks great, i'm good either way naked or dressed. But you know me i'm all about the after meal.....cake and cherry's, man Mrs Bear your killing me

Thanks for the great pictures
David

Thank You David!!
WE don't have Dessert often, but when we do, she makes pretty good stuff!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky