Chicken skewers and then... deep fried!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
Wanted something unusual for the weekend dinner... All of a sudden I thought about chicken skewers grilled.. Why not? Combined part of chicken breast and 3 parts of thighs. Added original Creole seasoning, soy souse, little honey, fresh garlic and ginger minced. In the fridge for 3 hours. Grilled on medium heat and glazed before removing from the grill. While waiting...
Yummy and juicy but something was off...
Next day (Sunday) the chicken from the skewers, in flour, then in the egg mix, then in panko crumbs and... deep fried! Oil at 400F- just for 30-40 seconds. Done! Nice crunch and the chicken melted in the mouth.

This is want I wanted! Thank you for watching.

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
What the.... I inserted my pick exactly how I did previously but they did not show up... Now they showing up in thumbnail and not rotated... I am very sorry , guys...

Man I like the looks of your chicken, grilled and fried. I'll be trying this sometime soon.

That looks like some fine chicken you got there. I bet it tasted really good.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good upside down , I bet they look great right side up . LOL .
Really , nice work and I try alot of different ways with chicken . I like your method .

Pictures ,
I have noticed , if using a phone to take pics , looking straight down from above . The pics will come out rotated when transferred to a post . Even though they look correct on the phone or a PC .

Man I like the looks of your chicken, grilled and fried. I'll be trying this sometime soon.
Oh, yes. Just marinate the chicken in whatever souse you like, grill over medium heat, rub with flour and panko crumbs and then deep fry. I promise - you won't regret that!
I bet it tasted really good.

Point for sure
Yes, it was! Thank you for the LIKE!
They look delicious!!
Thank you, Al!
I have thought about doing this with smoked wings to get rid of the rubber skin.
Hmmm... In fact, this is another great idea. Wings smoked first and crisp them with deep fry... I am going to try this next weekend!!! Thanks for the idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky