• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

CHICKEN... Safe Chicken Temperatures, Even if It’s Pink!

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
True that...

I still don't like bloody chicken like shown in one of their pictures.  I usually give it a few more degrees or save it for the reheated-later-leftover chicken (or turkey). 

fpmich

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2013
Me too Uncle Eddie!

I like my steak very rare, but my chicken well cooked.  It's a texture thing.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Good post and for me...The family and I been eating 155 chix breast for years. Super juicy and way more tender than cooked 165+. Legs on the other hand we like more done. Especially to that magic point where the meat is still very juicy but cooked until falling off the bone. Three Chefs in the family, nobody fears pink except in sausage and even then it don't bother me...JJ

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
My wife freaks at anything pink/red in a bird, but the thermometer doesn't lie... "Honey its fine, eat it."

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.