Chicken Quarters 26" w/SNS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Cold and rainy, windy day here in Ohio. Decided to cook some quarters. Rinsed em off let them sit in some Italian dressing for a few hours in the fridge. Took them out rubbed them down and then onto the kettle at 275-300° with some apple and one chunk of pecan. Let the TBS roll!!

Attachments

• 20210509_150945.jpg
    20210509_150945.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210509_151537.jpg
    20210509_151537.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 25
Looks like you may be cooking in the garage? I’m in Ohio and it’s poured here all day. I’m working some indoor sous vide and stove magic today.

Looks like you may be cooking in the garage? I’m in Ohio and it’s poured here all day. I’m working some indoor sous vide and stove magic today.
Kettle is sitting outside the garage under the soffit of the house. Yea same here! Which part of Ohio?

Kettle is sitting outside the garage under the soffit of the house. Yea same here! Which part of Ohio?
Willard Ohio here. I use my Blackstone under the overhang often. After having caught the siding behind our garage on fire a few years back I am pretty cautious with coal and wood by the house haha.

Willard Ohio here. I use my Blackstone under the overhang often. After having caught the siding behind our garage on fire a few years back I am pretty cautious with coal and wood by the house haha.
Lol I can imagine. I've been sitting in the garage watching the race. Normally don't go any farther than the fridge when I'm this close to the house

Glad I got it! That extra room comes in handy!
I love mine . Something you may or may not be interested in . I use mine for long smokes . I marked the lower vent adjustment on the outside to show 1/2 open and 1/4 open for the vent rod . Really helped with temp adjustment for me .
This is set to 1/4 .
20210306_114014.jpg
This also showed up yesterday!
Nice . Love a GSD .

Reactions: jcam222
I love mine . Something you may or may not be interested in . I use mine for long smokes . I marked the lower vent adjustment on the outside to show 1/2 open and 1/4 open for the vent rod . Really helped with temp adjustment for me .
This is set to 1/4 .
View attachment 495835

Nice . Love a GSD .
He's a good dog. The one I had before him had something wrong with him. He had a bunch of training and I was trying to get the breeder to take him back. He ended up dying at 18months old. Just dropped dead in the yard. Supposedly had a 2 year health guarantee when I purchased him. But by the time I would've gotten a lawyer involved and missed work it wouldn't have been worth the hassle. Glad I was able to get a good one the second time around! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and he's awesome with them

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks like a great way to spend the day! Nice kettle and some good looking chicken!

Ryan

Reactions: Buckeye02
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky