Chicken Pâté

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
This has been a staple in the family for over 50 years.
Try it once and you'll be hooked.
chicken-liver-pate-b.jpg

Pâté - Chicken Liver

Recipe By: Matt
Serving Size: 12

Ingredients:

1.25 lb chicken livers, full container
1 1/2 Tbs chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp celery seed
7 Tbs mayonnaise, Hellman's Light
1/2 tsp onion salt

Directions:

1. Dissolve celery seed and bouillon in 3 quarts of water.

2. Drain livers in a strainer, place in pan, bring to boil and cook until done. Not pink when cut into.

3. Remove livers from pot, drain and let cool on a cutting board.

4. IN TWO BATCHES Chop up the livers in the food processor. Adding half the mayo (3 1/2 tbs) and onion salt (1/4 tsp) to each batch. (you can substitute powder but you will have to then add salt)

5. Combine the two batches in a bowl. Adjust with more mayo and/or onion salt to taste.

Notes:

Total mayo usually ends up closer to 8-9 tbs but start with recipe then add as needed in step #5.

Thanks for the recipe!! This sounds awesome to me. I don’t know who aside from me is going to eat it but this will be on my Thanksgiving spread!

We have a daughter that refuses to try it and frankly I don't mind as there is more left for me :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky