Chicken Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

white cloud

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Riley Center MI
A friend of mine had in his freezer for about a year a block of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. He dropped it off so I could thaw,trim and slice. When thawed it weighed 17 pounds, after trimming fat and alittle freezer burn it ended up being 12 pounds. 1/2 was done with a premade (shore lunch brand) jery cure and seasoning. The other my friend wanted to make a brine for. They both turned out good although the brined was a bit salty. In the pic the bottom right side of the smoker cooks alittle faster so about half way had to move some to the top. It only took 1 1/2 hours at 200 degrees to get each batch just to where they had alittle give to them.

This is the first batch prior to taking out.

Interesting... and I'd think you did it right as far as hi temps for jerky, using poultry and all. Looks like my wife's last attempt at grilling breasts ;{)

They look good White Cloud. That's one thing I have not tried, chicken jerky...
Is that your new smoker?....looks good too!

Yeah, the second time that I have used it. Once you get it warmed up it's real easy to hold temp. I just need to tune it in on the firebox side.

I ended up soaking the brined chicken for three hours. After trying again today it was way too salty. Its better now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky