Chicken for the first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Im going to do that next time as well.

Ive been a stickler for Chicken at 225, and it takes 7 hrs, and sometimes its still pink. Causes a lot of pain in the house when the wife is Hangry !! So, Ive vowed to go to 250-275 for chickens and BRINE is something I am convinced to try a well.

Thanks for the comparisons like all have pointed out.

Im going to do that next time as well.
Ive been a stickler for Chicken at 225, and it takes 7 hrs, and sometimes its still pink. Causes a lot of pain in the house when the wife is Hangry !! So, Ive vowed to go to 250-275 for chickens and BRINE is something I am convinced to try a well.
Thanks for the comparisons like all have pointed out.

Read this it's a great read and my wife doesn't like the pink chicken neither until she read this http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/mythbusting_chicken_is_done_when_juices_run_clear.html

That is a great article - I never knew that about the calcification of the bones.

Being an Engineer, I like when things make sense. Last night we smoked a chicken to an IT of 1600 and took it off. It was tough, the bones didn't pull easy - so I cooked it at 275 (from 225) for 40 more minutes and it came out perfect.

Like I said, Im giving up the super-slow and low for Chicken, and this article helps verify it in my head. I appreciate  the read!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky