Chicken Cordon Bleu ??????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
The local Albertsons had chicken thighs on sale for .99 # so I bought a tray of them thinking I would just smoke them and enjoy.  Then I remembered that we had some smoked mozzarella in the chiller and some ham sooooo lets kick it up a notch .
icon_mrgreen.gif
  So I boned and trimmed them up a little and we roasted the bones in the oven and made some great stock with it while the chicken was smoking. Here is an example of the inside of one with the ham wrapped around the cheese then into the boned thighs and finally into some bacon weave for the outside  

3aa853c3_ChickenCordonBleu001.jpg

Here is a closer look of the ham rolled up and ready for the thigh to get closed up

8269ef5f_ChickenCordonBleu002.jpg

Here is the rub we used. Got this one from Pandemonium

966f42d5_ChickenCordonBleu003.jpg

Here is Mrs Scar rolling up the bacon weave on the thighs

1c597084_ChickenCordonBleu005.jpg
+

All wrapped and ready for the smoker

7f2f6a90_ChickenCordonBleu006.jpg

Smoked them at 225 for about 2 hours with a mix of Oak Wine Barrel and Pecan using my AMNS with two rows lit on both directions

They reached 170 and the bacon was still not cooked thru so I took out my trusty torch and cooked the bacon some. These are going to be reheated later in the week at our sons house

47e948f1_ChickenCordonBleu007.jpg

Here is a closer look at one of them. 

4f81a83d_ChickenCordonBleu008.jpg

They are mighty tasty and will see a return run soon

Thanks for looking

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! Goooooood!!!!!

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir reeee thats some fine looking Cordon Bla isn't that the way they frenchies say it. Now thats really going onto my to do list and quick. Hey I just made a bunch of finger sammie today for a small job and I have some ham left. It's looking like dinner to me or better yet the wifes little tuesday night get together tuesday. Q-view will follow.

Thanks guys - these were mighty tasty. We tried one just so we knew what it would taste like. The smoked mozzarella inside was really tasty. The bacon still needs to cook more which will happen during the reheat process when Mrs Scar takes them to our sons house next week. 

icon_cool.gif

Well I told you I was gonna steall this recipe and make it. I made it tonoght and I'm just about to post it. So thanks very much Gary all the girls loved it but I a  a   a   a  kinda said it was my recipe ........................No I gave you all the credits.  I just heated it up.

icon_cool.gif

Well I told you I was gonna steall this recipe and make it. I made it tonoght and I'm just about to post it. So thanks very much Gary all the girls loved it but I a  a   a   a  kinda said it was my recipe ........................No I gave you all the credits.  I just heated it up.
Hey Mark I am glad it worked for ya.  How did you add heat? That Florida Everglades rub has some nice kick to it

Dang those look good.... I am going to have to try them...

Nice work Gary...

Scar, why is it that every time I log on to SMF I start getting real hungry?  I worked about all night last night, came home and slept for a few hours, got called back out and have just gotten home, all I have had to eat today was a ham salad sandwich in between bodies.  Those look awesome and are already on my to do list!  If it will just quite snowing here and warm up about 10 degrees. I really like the way you explained how you did it, It was simple enough for even me to understand, THANKS SCAR, I will drop by Food City to see what they have on sale tomorrow.  I got a real deal on boneless breast 2 weeks ago, just $1.29 per pound, if mom has not used them all I may try a few of them.  Keep up the good work Scar! Your new friend, The Virginia Smoke Signal

That's some great looking cordon bleu, Gary!  I'll be trying that.
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky