Chicken and shrimp.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks. Last night I made some kabobs with shrimp and chicken. I'm trying out a new spice kit. I used about 1.5 pounds of chicken. And 1/2 pound of jumbo raw shrimp.

OI000049.jpg

Mixed it up according to instructions. And let it marinate for a few hours while I got other things done.

OI000047.jpg

On skewers and ready to go. I broiled these.

OI000051.jpg

OI000053.jpg

Plated up with a rice mix. The meal was very tasty. I'll be using this method again!

Looks real good Steve. Is that flavor marinade spicy or more sweet? I've used the Brazillian Steak marinade from them you mentioned recently, and it was very good.

That looks good Steve! Those grill mates packets are pretty good. Ive not seen the island one around here.

Looks great, been using it for several years, good stuff imo

You’ve been killing it lately Steve and eating pretty good! Very nice.

I like that Island woodfire flavor from McCormick, I reckon I’ve tried almost all their flavors. There’s one I don’t seem to see anymore: “Smokin’ Sweet Tea” that was a good one.

Looks delish Steve. We love our skewered shrimp around here. I thought for sure they were hitting the grill! That flavor looks great!

Looks good. I'll have to ask Bev to look for that marinade mix...JJ

Looks like some dang fine chow Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

Morning folks. Last night I made some kabobs with shrimp and chicken. I'm trying out a new spice kit. I used about 1.5 pounds of chicken. And 1/2 pound of jumbo raw shrimp.

View attachment 480232

Mixed it up according to instructions. And let it marinate for a few hours while I got other things done.

View attachment 480230

On skewers and ready to go. I broiled these.

View attachment 480233
View attachment 480234

Plated up with a rice mix. The meal was very tasty. I'll be using this method again!
Dat looks good Steve.

That is one fine looking barnyard/surf combo meal Steve, Like! Appears to be a nice bowl of Brussel sprouts off to the side, with that rice round out a perfect dinner. RAY

Looks excellent Steve!
I think I would have just gone with the shrimp, not that I don’t eat a lot of chicken, but shrimp is special to me. So I would have just done shrimp. Then made some chicken salad sammies!
Al

Looks good Steve!!
Thank you!

Looks real good Steve. Is that flavor marinade spicy or more sweet? I've used the Brazillian Steak marinade from them you mentioned recently, and it was very good.
Thank you! It has a mildly sweet smoky hint to it. It went with the chicken better then the shrimp. Still very good though.

SH, Looks like a winner!
Thank you!

That looks good Steve! Those grill mates packets are pretty good. Ive not seen the island one around here.
Thanks Travis! That was the first time I saw it.

Looks great, been using it for several years, good stuff imo
Thanks Mike!

You’ve been killing it lately Steve and eating pretty good! Very nice.

I like that Island woodfire flavor from McCormick, I reckon I’ve tried almost all their flavors. There’s one I don’t seem to see anymore: “Smokin’ Sweet Tea” that was a good one.
Thanks Joe! I never seen the smokin sweet tea one before. I'll need to keep a eye out for it.

Looks good Steve. Haven't seen the Island Wood. Usually pretty good products.
Thanks!

Looks excellant Steve
Thanks Jim!

Looks real good! I'd eat a skewer.....or three.
Jim
Thank you Jim!

Nice looking plate. We do shrimp on the grill a lot. I run with EVO and sprinkle with Old Bay.

Warren
Thanks Warren! EVO and old bay is great also.

Looks delish Steve. We love our skewered shrimp around here. I thought for sure they were hitting the grill! That flavor looks great!
Thanks!

Looks good. I'll have to ask Bev to look for that marinade mix...JJ
Thanks Jimmy!

Looks like some dang fine chow Steve.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Dat looks good Steve.
Thank you!

That is one fine looking barnyard/surf combo meal Steve, Like! Appears to be a nice bowl of Brussel sprouts off to the side, with that rice round out a perfect dinner. RAY
Thanks Ray!

Looks excellent Steve!
I think I would have just gone with the shrimp, not that I don’t eat a lot of chicken, but shrimp is special to me. So I would have just done shrimp. Then made some chicken salad sammies!
Al
Thanks Al! Next time it'll be all shrimp. I wasn't sure how this would taste.

Hmmm, As much as I love Shrimp, I would like to have those small pieces of Chicken Join us for Supper!!
Like.

Bear

Hmmm, As much as I love Shrimp, I would like to have those small pieces of Chicken Join us for Supper!!
Like.

Bear

lol! Thanks Bear! The chicken was very good with this seasoning packet. I'll be doing it again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky