Chex mix smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
I have not smoke these in years. Only bought rice and corn Chex. Got mini pretzels and cheez it's, salted peanuts and honey roasted. I will be adding the cheez it's and Honey nuts late in the smoke.
MVIMG_20190804_142530.jpg

Last edited:
She actually tried it and said it was good and was going to take some to work. Still, after 27 years I can't figure her out.

Reactions: drdon
Those look great! Have never tried smoking this before. Quick question, though:
Did you do the Worcestershire and butter thing before you smoked or just use smoke for flavor?

I did the recipe before, butter, worcest and about 5 spices and other liquids..
I like the mixture, I was eating or I mean testing it before I put it on

Time in the smoker, 2 hours?
Right around 2 hours. I would taste it every 20 min when I sturred them. When I thought it was getting close I put in the cheez it and HR nuts for the last 20-30 min. The more I eat them the better they are. Easy thing to make and the smoke adds so much.

I put this post in the wrong section.. I did not cold smoke this... I really didn't look at the temp, had it on high smoke so that may run 190-235ish. I really don't think temp matters much.. You just don't want it too high or they may burn. If you don't want much smoke I would run higher to get done quick. I just kept sturring and tasting and when they got crisp after the butter bath and the smoke was good I was done.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky