Cherry smoked Meatloaf w/ a side of chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
I have been wanting to do a smoked meatloaf for some time now, but always forget about it when I see this big hunks of meat in the store: briskey, pork butt, ect. ect. So finally got around to the meatloaf tonight.

Made a fairly basic meatloaf: ground beef, ground pork, onion, mushroom, bellpepper, fresh bread crumbs, seasonings, 3 eggs. I dusted them with a rub a put together real fast and put them in some foil pans that I had poked holes in the bottom of for drainage. I also didn't want to waste the bottom rack of the WSM so I took 2 family packs of leg quarters and dusted them with rub and put them in a big 3 gallon ziplock for a couple of hours.

a9e89b09_IMG_1510.jpg

0edb6cec_IMG_1509.jpg

Everybody into the pool! Running the WSM at 250° with straight cherry wood..... first time using cherry. (you can just see the chicken on the bottom rack)

daae5869_IMG_1511.jpg

Here we are just over an hour in. Decided to baste the meatloaf with some of my BBQ sauce, give it that nice glaze.... mmmm!

9f4bd36f_IMG_1512.jpg

For some reason the mutt's decided that the path between the kitchen and the back porch to the smoker was a good place to hang out. I believe this is the lazy dog version of an ambush! LOL

3ed6173a_IMG_1513.jpg

Out of the smoker after 2 hrs., a shot of the cute little smoke ring, and plated up with some oven roasted red potato's and cauliflower mixed with pesto.

627aaabc_IMG_1514.jpg

2e8cc278_IMG_1516.jpg

f1fcf680_IMG_1519.jpg

Bout a  half hour after dinner the chicken was ready to come out and get bagged and tossed into the fridge. Love the color on the chicken!

2b48d1fa_IMG_1521.jpg

Reactions: coyote1
Wow that looks good! The meatloaf & chicken of course look like I want to lick the screen. The surprise is the potato, cauliflower, pesto. That is something I'm gonna try.

Everything looks awsome! Those are some pretty smart pooches haha. How did ya like the cherry? I tried it for the first time a few months ago and I'm totally in love. 
The cherry was good on the meatloaf, but I still prefer mesquite on the chicken. But I will definately use the cherry for stuff like fish and cheese as well.

I've been blending it with hickory and have done that with a butt, chucky, and a few chickens. If you are missing the more robust flavor of mesquite you could try blending with cherry.

Everything looks awsome! Those are some pretty smart pooches haha. How did ya like the cherry? I tried it for the first time a few months ago and I'm totally in love. 
The cherry was good on the meatloaf, but I still prefer mesquite on the chicken. But I will definately use the cherry for stuff like fish and cheese as well.

Looks Great Johnny,  Love the color on the chicken...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky