Cheesy Ranchero & Bacon Pork Loin Chops (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I also have a very good enchilada sauce
Yes when I make the sauce I will let you know how it turned out for me. Hopfully as good as yours looks and tastes

And yes I would also love your enchilada sauce

Thank you so much, I am just posting up a smoked pork chop dinner I just made and ate with Hasselback potatoes and a spicy apple sauce

David

And yes I would also love your enchilada sauce

Here ya go David. This looks really involved but it's actually super simple.

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour (whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and gluten-free flour blends all work!)
1 tablespoon ground chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon guajillo pepper
1 teaspoon ancho pepper
½ teaspoon arbol pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I usually just use ketchup)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

This sauce comes together quickly once you get started, so measure the dry ingredients (the flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and optional cinnamon) into a small bowl and place it near the stove. Place the tomato paste and broth near the stove as well.

In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact. This might take a couple of minutes, so be patient and don’t step away from the stove!

Once it’s ready, pour in the flour and spice mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps.

Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and a spoon encounters some resistance as you stir it.

Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt, if necessary

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Here ya go David. This looks really involved but it's actually super simple.

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour (whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and gluten-free flour blends all work!)
1 tablespoon ground chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon guajillo pepper
1 teaspoon ancho pepper
½ teaspoon arbol pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I usually just use ketchup)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

This sauce comes together quickly once you get started, so measure the dry ingredients (the flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and optional cinnamon) into a small bowl and place it near the stove. Place the tomato paste and broth near the stove as well.

In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact. This might take a couple of minutes, so be patient and don’t step away from the stove!

Once it’s ready, pour in the flour and spice mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps.

Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and a spoon encounters some resistance as you stir it.

Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt, if necessary
Thank you again Robert this looks great , and at first glance not that bad of a process. Printing it now and on my list of to dos

Thanks

David

That’s Tex Mex heaven Robert. I mean anything that starts with cheesy and ranchero has got to be awesome!! Looks great and I’ll be making the sauce for sure.

Was waiting to see this one. This came out looking awesome. All great choices and Ranchero Sauce is bookmarked. Nice Job. Ill bet your Bacon takes this over the top!...JJ

That’s Tex Mex heaven Robert. I mean anything that starts with cheesy and ranchero has got to be awesome!! Looks great and I’ll be making the sauce for sure.

Very much appreciate it Jeff. The Ranchero sauce is fantastic. I bet you could improve on it though. You just seem to have that touch.

Robert

Was waiting to see this one. This came out looking awesome. All great choices and Ranchero Sauce is bookmarked. Nice Job. Ill bet your Bacon takes this over the top!

Thanks so much Jimmy. I was kinda blown away for sure. Of course bacon makes everything better, especially when coupled with cheese, but homemade bacon just can't be beat. I had my reservations about bacon and Ranchero sauce but they were unfounded. Turned out great.

Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Very much appreciate it Jeff. The Ranchero sauce is fantastic. I bet you could improve on it though. You just seem to have that touch.

Robert
I’ll bet it’s fantastic as is!! Now I might be able to fancy plate it haha. My wife told me the other day I could probably plate a turd and make it look delectable.

Fine looking plate of fixin's there Robert! Definitely been a lot of mexican/tex-mex going around lately. I've been eating leftover enchiladas, beans & rice and other similar items inspired from posts all week Seeing this just inspires me even more to not stop! What's not to like about yours to top them all?!

My wife told me the other day I could probably plate a turd and make it look delectable.

Too funny!! I've been thinking the same thing for the past few years but wasn't gonna be so brash as to say it publicly :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yeah, I know I'm late again!!
But Better late than never when Robert has the cookers & cameras going!!
Nice Job & Looks Awesome Robert!!
Like.

Bear

Me too . Been busy .
As always , the meal looks fantastic . So I'm going to comment on the perfect light on that charcoal for what you're cooking , and how you're cooking it .
Nice work .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky