Cheesesteaks (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cheesesteaks (Bear Style)

We were way overdue for some Cheesesteaks, so let’s get on it !!
I let Mrs Bear do the delicate work, so she pulls the Chip Steak apart in the Frying Pan, while I’m getting my Rolls ready & I’m getting the other stuff out of the Fridge.

I like my Rolls toasted, so I started with that.
Then I put some “Tallarico’s Philly Style Steak Sandwich Sauce” on both sides of my Rolls.
A small pile of Chip Steak goes on each half of each roll.
Then I sprinkled some shredded Mozzarella on top of the Meat.
Then I Nuked it just long enough to melt the Cheese.

I eat these with a Fork, because they have a little too much meat to close ‘em up very good, without smashing them.

Then the next night, I started out the same way, but I didn’t toast the roll, and I added a bunch of Hot Banana Peppers, and finished it off by melting some American Cheese on both Halves.

I usually have some Pickles on the side, but I was in a hurry to sit down.

I also like Fried Onions on mine, but since we don’t stock onions here at the Bear’s Den, I would have to plan that ahead of time.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

Pulling Chip Steak apart & Heating it up:
IMG_4199.jpg

Toasted 2 Small Steak Rolls (lightly):
IMG_4200.jpg

Apply Steak Sandwich Sauce to both halves of each Roll:
IMG_4201.jpg

Little pile of Chip Steak on each Roll Half:
IMG_4202.jpg

Melt some Shredded Mozzarella on top:
IMG_4203.jpg

Leftovers for second Night. Sauce on Roll Halves, and a pile of Leftover Chip Steak:
IMG_4214.jpg

A Bunch of Hot Peppers added:
IMG_4215.jpg

American Cheese Melted on top: Please ignore the leftover Fried Breaded Flounder Fillet:
IMG_4216.jpg

Those look pretty tasty! Especially the addition of the hot peppers! Yum!

Looks Good !!! Wish I had one for Lunch

Gary

looks tasty bear, got to laugh though when I read the headline for some reason I thought it said cheesecake, then I started to go through your thread and you were talking about cheesesteaks I was really confused for a minute. oh well it was a long day

Wife was cleaning out one of the freezers yesterday and found some small packages of sliced beef something-or-other. (Couldn't read the Sharpie writing on the package.) So after giving it some thought she decided we would make cheese steak sammies with it. Coincidence?

Nice like fried onions too and provolone cheese.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yup---I love Fried Onions & Provolone, but the only time we have that is when we plan ahead, because that's 2 things we don't stock around here.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The sauce sounds interesting. I've not heard of it before...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky