Cheese Steak Fattie an Pig Balls...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
This was awesome...

Chese Steak Fatty - inspired by another thread on another board.

This is how I like my cheese steaks...

Italian Sausage....

Provolone cheese -

YES, I SAID PROVOLNE!!!

Fried Onions, sauteed mushrooms, steak...

Getting happy on the Egg - over 2 corned beef and surrounded by pig balls (that's what I'm calling them)  that I saw on another board.

All Sliced Up...

OMG!!!!!

OK - here are the Pig Balls - Italian Sausage wrapped around Velveeta, enrobed in bacon...

Last but not least - the Pastrami - This is for tomorrow...

Just going on the Egg....

170* Internal...

That all looks delicious......That steak fattie looks awsome.  I used steakumms and some home made Cured Italian sausage when I made mine and they were great.

Nice job

Looks great. My medium size egg just won't hold a low temp.. 

I was thinking of getting a guru.

Craig

7am and ya got me wanting a steak fattie and pig balls. Thanks a lot Elly.

Excellent job my friend!!
thumb1.gif

Thanks guys - we really enjoyed it and it was a pretty quick cook.

Looks great. My medium size egg just won't hold a low temp.. 

I was thinking of getting a guru.

Craig
Hey Craig - I'm surprised to hear your Egg won't hold a low temp - are you lighting up too much lump perhaps? What's your process for getting it ready to cook?

Elly that is some Awesome Grub...  All I can say about that fattie si I want some...

Thanks guys - we really enjoyed it and it was a pretty quick cook.

Hey Craig - I'm surprised to hear your Egg won't hold a low temp - are you lighting up too much lump perhaps? What's your process for getting it ready to cook?

Kinda like the minion method. About 6 chunks of lump in the chimney to start. Using RO lump. It got fairly aggravating. The mes makes life easier, but I do wish I could figure out how to make my egg stay at 225. I have the cast iron adjustable lid. The BGE home office and store is close by..they aren't much help. I am going to get a charcoal burner for the new place.. Prolly a WSM and a guru. Might get the gurur and adaptor fot the egg.

Thanks for asking Elly!!

Craig

Here's how I start my Egg -

I take a paper towel and drizzle it with veggie oil.

I twist it up and lay it on the coals in the center of the Egg (I use Royal Oak lump too) and light it. Once the coals catch I typically close the lid to let the ceramics heat up. After it's drafting pretty weel I put in the plate setter and let that heat up. You need to keep an eye on the temps so they don't get out of hand. As you probably know once the temps get high it takes a long time to get them back down. If I'm cooking low and slow I usually start really keeping an eye on things around 200 degrees.

Here's how I start my Egg -

I take a paper towel and drizzle it with veggie oil.

I twist it up and lay it on the coals in the center of the Egg (I use Royal Oak lump too) and light it. Once the coals catch I typically close the lid to let the ceramics heat up. After it's drafting pretty weel I put in the plate setter and let that heat up. You need to keep an eye on the temps so they don't get out of hand. As you probably know once the temps get high it takes a long time to get them back down. If I'm cooking low and slow I usually start really keeping an eye on things around 200 degrees.
Thanks Elly!! 

Once I get moved and settled in Fl I will prolly try it one more time for smoking.

It may be the medium is just not big enough.

I love it for baking and steaks...

Have a great day!

Craig

PS

Would you post or PM me the the other forum you use???

Last edited:
Way to go Elly!!!---Everything looks Great, but that Cheesesteak fatty is flat out AWESOME !!!!

The provolone really makes it----I wouldn't make a cheesesteak without it!!!

Really nice!

Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky