Cheese season is back...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
Finally getting cool enough at night to smoke some cheese for personal use (did a bunch for charity recently). Just opened my last package from last March so it's definitely the perfect time to start smoking some more cheese. Used Cookin Pellets blend of hickory, apple, cherry, and maple in the MES30. Varieties included mozzarella, pepper jack, ghost pepper cheddar, buffalo wing Jack, cranberry cheddar, truffle cheddar, three different brands of Gouda, 2%cernont cheddar, Vermont cheddar, ale house cheddar, Gruyere, butterkaise and maybe a few I can't remember. Here are some pics:

The wait is going to be killer especially because I have learned the longer you wait the more incredible the taste. I'm sure I'll bust a couple open in two weeks! Thanks for looking!

-Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: driedstick
Woa, alot of differant cheese's there.

How long did you smoke ?

Looks like some awesome cheese! I am diggin that ghost pepper cheddar, I need to find some of that.

Hmmm, I am smelling cheese, eating cheese, reading about cheese, in the cheese forum, planning my next cheese smoke and counting how many smoke cheeses I have in my supply.

I'll take your picture... say "Cheese"

Woa, alot of differant cheese's there.

How long did you smoke ?
Hahaha variety is the spice of life. I have been stocking up all summer every time I saw a sale.   I went by color rather than time but it is usually between 3 and 3.5 hours to achieve what I'm looking for.

Looks like some awesome cheese! I am diggin that ghost pepper cheddar, I need to find some of that.

Hmmm, I am smelling cheese, eating cheese, reading about cheese, in the cheese forum, planning my next cheese smoke and counting how many smoke cheeses I have in my supply.

I'll take your picture... say "Cheese"
I saw the ghost pepper cheddar on sale at Aldi and I couldn't resist.  Haven't even tried it yet unsmoked.  I try to buy at least two of everything I haven't tried so I can make cheese platters for parties with the side by side comparison of smoked and unsmoked.  I too have been obsessing about cheese haha

Very nice and looks great! I wish I had the space to do that much.
Thanks!  I am lucky to have an extra fridge in my basement so it serves as my project fridge.  Right now it has cheese mellowing, pastrami curing, and various meats thawing and marinating for dinners throughout the week.  If you have the space maybe you could find a cheap extra fridge on craigslist.

Nice smoke! I didn't know that cheese season ends. We make and eat it year round!
Thanks!  hahaha I don't want it to end but the summers get hot and even when it's around 50 degrees in the early fall, the AMNPS puts out enough heat to get the cheese to that almost melting state when I use my MES30.  Maybe I can try something less insulated for smoking.  Or freeze some water bottles and throw them in.  Would love to do a mailbox mod but changing a lightbulb is about the extent of my handyman skills haha

Dang it man you make me proud!!! LOL   your smoker is full and looks very yummy 
points.gif

Very nice job,,

I have to do some more soon

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

I agree! Those labels are all professional looking.  If i were to gift them, I would definitely do that.  My strategy was a little different this time for packaging.  I put a bunch of one kind in a larger bag so that I can take out a bar at a time and reseal them.  That way I can taste them at different stages of aging and only use one big bag instead of 4 or 5 little ones.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky