Cheese prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke king

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 16, 2010
NW Ohio
What price per pound is considered really good for cheese?  Like where you see it in an add and can't resist buying 10 lbs and firing up the A-maze-n smoker?  My wife says Kroger runs the 8 oz. blocks for $1 (so $2/lb.) once in a while. 

What kind of cheese are we talking about, aged cheddar or gouda or something else? Beween $6 and $10 for the really good stuff around here. Cabot makes a very good sharp cheddar that I can buy in 10oz bricks for $2.39, they also make a habanero cheddar that is very good. Smoked habanero cheddar sounds delicious.

What kind of cheese are we talking about, aged cheddar or gouda or something else? Beween $6 and $10 for the really good stuff around here. Cabot makes a very good sharp cheddar that I can buy in 10oz bricks for $2.39, they also make a habanero cheddar that is very good. Smoked habanero cheddar sounds delicious.
I was thinking the everday blocks of cheddar, pepperjack, colby jack, etc.  But your thoughts on the good stuff is welcome too.

I can usually get the 2 lb. blocks for 4.99 locally. The normal kind, swiss, cheddar, colby, and my favorite Monterey Jack. Sometimes on sale they'll come down to 3.99 or even buy one get one free. That's when I load up.
drool.gif

up here in the great NW we have a Cash & Carry (United Grocers), the are a restaurant supply that sell also to consumers. i buy my havarti at 3.29lb reg price, 2.79 on sale but only in 5lb blocks. my goudda and jarlsburg come from costco in wedges that slice into 3 1"+ wedges for the 3.00 lb range. there tillamook is around 2.89lb in 2-5lb blocks. then you wait for the sales and stock up! but for us up here if it is a must have/need off to costco i go, with the nearest one to me 25 miles away, you gotta love  the trees and river..

I loaded up on Cabot on sale for buy 1 get 1 free for $2.39 a 10 oz block

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky