Cheery Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbee-smokin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Got a question. Is there a difference between Cherry wood from a Cherry wood fruit bearing tree, and Cherry wood from A flowering Cherry wood tree in use for smoking? The reason I ask is I have a piece of property that has a Cherry tree on it that does not bear fruit. I want to cut the tree down, and wanted to know if the wood is the kind called for in use for smoking? Thanks for any information.
JB

JBee, the reason the tree doesn't put on fruit, is it is not a self pollanator(sp.) It needs another tree close so it will pollinate with the other tree. As far as the wood goes, go for it. Cherry wood is cherry wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky