check out my butt......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
my Boston Butt that is.....just got home from Sam's, got two butts for $17.00.

here is the top...

\

here is the bottom....

and here it is with the rub....

the 2nd one I'll try a brine next weekend.

This is the first butt I'll be doing, wish me luck !!

Lisa
tongue.gif

nice looking butt you have there....

butts are very forgiving.... you dont need luck, you have all of us.... biggest thing you have to remember is the plateau.... and lots of patience

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
on trying your first butt

That is one fantastic lookin butt
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
I know you got the basics so just let us know how it goes and keep up the great pic's...and good luck
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I know I'm different from probably everyone else but when it comes to pork I will soak it in apple juice before any spices ever touch it. To me the juice pulls out a lot of the salt and gives the meat a sweeter taste. Yes I know your thinking a Texan that don't Like Hot Spicy and Salty but I like sweet mine sweet.

I don't care where your butt is from .... it sure is a nice one!
icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see the eye Q (pix) of the finished product ...
Which wood are you using dear?

very nice looking but indeed. That is the first thing I ever smoked with great success. since then I have done six butts all with great results and lots of praise on the taste. have fun it will be delicious.

LMBO.....This thread is toooo funny!!!
icon_razz.gif
Errrr..... good looking......oh never mind
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
Let us know how it turns out Lisa.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky