Cheap container

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
I’m Looking to get into my sous vide more (all I’ve done was one chicken breast when my buddy gave it to me) I did it in my sink and I’m looking for an actual container for it now. I’ve seen some that are $50+ anyone use a cheaper option or have any suggestions?

I modified a $20 cooler works great.

Perfect. Thanks guys. I can use it to double as another meat cooler haha.

I’m Looking to get into my sous vide more (all I’ve done was one chicken breast when my buddy gave it to me) I did it in my sink
LOL!

I am in the process of using dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 's cooler mod. but have been using a large stock pot covered with SuranWrap for the time being and it works rather well.

IMG_0715.jpg

I have the party stacker cooler (the smaller one) for $22 on Amazon, and cut a hole in the top. It works well, about 17" long inside but not super deep. My only regret is I should have bought the larger party stacker.
I use a stock pot for 1 off steaks and stuff.

Reactions: tallbm
I’m Looking to get into my sous vide more (all I’ve done was one chicken breast when my buddy gave it to me) I did it in my sink and I’m looking for an actual container for it now. I’ve seen some that are $50+ anyone use a cheaper option or have any suggestions?
I use an old igloo cooler with the split lids for mine, I cut a round hole in one side and inserted the sous vide circulator in it. Works good, holds heat, and its portable. Hope this helps.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Sounds like you have a lot of choices. I use a cambro. But I think the cooler mod is the best option. The only thing I like about the cambro is I can see the meat & make sure it stays under the water.
Al

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
I use all different types of things , most of the mentioned already . So I'll just add this if you're interested .
I use this rack for sheet pan storage to hold stuff under the water line . Got it at Lowe's in the kitchen acc. isle . All kinds of things in that isle that can be repurposed .
20191006_120643.jpg 20201017_133526.jpg

Check out Walmart/Dollar stores.

Got the one in the picture for 3 bucks and some change, with lid. Food safe.
Screenshot_20210115-113311_Samsung Internet.jpg

I actually thought about that but wasn’t sure how it would work. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Gonna use a soup pan for today then pick up a cheap cooler!

There's no way my wife would eat anything coming out of any of the stick setups so I went with water oven style.

71imkJJuGOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have the party stacker cooler (the smaller one) for $22 on Amazon, and cut a hole in the top. It works well, about 17" long inside but not super deep. My only regret is I should have bought the larger party stacker.
I use a stock pot for 1 off steaks and stuff.

Lmao. If you click the link and scroll down a bit it shows " frequently bought together" and there's a picture of a sous vide unit beside it.
You guys are influencing Amazon again LOL

+1 For the Coleman Party Stacker Cooler. I split the lid down the middle and drilled a hole for the SV. This allows me to take one side of the lid off to check my cook, and not have to remove the SV in the process.

A Coleman Party Stacker is around $20 and insulated.
xyfBzEK.jpg
This is my Rubbermaid container with a notched sous vide lid (not shown) and a neoprene insulation wrap.
8a7t3Wr.jpg
The Party Stacker is almost the perfect hot box for your barbecue, and it's small enough to put in the car when you to the market. All it takes is a hole saw and the lid can be used for a covered sous vide container.
UEUh66Y.jpg
57hyITF.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky