• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Charcuterie, Dry curing wraps... 2 Guys and a Cooler...

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Good info Dave... I've been using these collagen sheets for quite some time... last batch I got from australia, company named "my slice of life"... good stuff, especially if you make capa...
Only one thing they didnt mentioned... gotta go easy on drying and relative humidity has to be above 75% for first week of drying... no forced air or too cold environment... otherwise, collagen sheets will dry to fast and separate from meat making air pockets for mold happy place...

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Good info. I really like these guys. Ive been following the celebrate sausage series.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I stumbled on the video of using Aging Wraps to make Coppa, a couple of weeks ago. Exciting stuff as I don't have a Curing Cabinet...JJ

SmokinEdge

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Great info Dave. Cheaper and more versatile than other popular products out there. Although they all work great.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Eric is a member here. Cajuneric Cajuneric is a wealth of info!
2 years a member and only 11 posts. I hope Eric can become more active, but i understand if not. Those guys are really banging out the great info and recipe videos...JJ

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
I've been subscribed to their YouTube channel for quite a while.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.