Charbroiled oysters...NOT!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 7, 2015
New Orleans LA
I wasn't gonna share this cook, but since tropics complimented my recent posts, I had to come clean!  
icon_redface.gif

My Fiance came home with some boiled crabs and a pint of oysters for me.  The oysters weren't quite salty enough for eating raw, (it took six of them for me to make that decision)
icon_mrgreen.gif
 and I didn't want to do all the prep and mess to fry them...I searched char-broiling them without a shell.  Saw some recipes that it can be done, and off I went.

This is a dozen oysters in my homemade foil half shells with a pat of butter, garlic, parsley, and a spoonful of the liquor.  I'm gonna Vortex them with a chunk of hickory.

I Vortex'd em for 5 minutes and checked them...5 more minutes and checked them...5 more minutes and checked them..I gave up.  Way too much liquid in the foil half shells.  I had boiled oysters!  I'll eat oysters no matter what, but I didn't take pictures of my results.

Mike

Next time I would add a sprinkle of parm cheese and take a tooth pick or scuwer and make a small hole in bottom of foil pack. I have cooked them in shell and 100 other ways charbroiled is a good one. Looks good.
South Louisiana.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky