Char-broil Electric Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wwinflorida

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I used my Char-broil smoker for the 2nd time this week and the paint started to peel off the inside of the barrell and the lid. Has this happened to anyone else? I wasn't too worried about it but it started to rust where the paint peeled off immediately afterward.

IT WAS THE 3RD SMOKE
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
I NOTICED THE PEELING

I sprayed it with vegetable oil hoping that would slow down the rust process and maybe season it like my cast iron but I am not sure if that is going to work. How long have you been using yours?

I just purchased a char-broil elec. smoker. Can someone tell me if the thermostat is controlled? I used it fot the first time today and never did get very hot but I noticed the light kept going off? Thanks

my unit turns off at 246 f---
the light goes out when rheostat is off..

i have written a review on this unit..
its at bottom of the welcome forum main page.

the one that come up when i log in

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

The rheostat and the light do go off when the smoker reaches a set temperature and comes back on as the smoker cools . I am not sure how hot mine gets - the thermometer I use to regulate temperature only goes to 220 but the guage on top seems to be inaccurate. It stays just below ideal when the needle on my thermometer passes 220. I am thinking about buying another guage and putting it into the side of the unit.

I used mine last night to smoke a Turkey breast, a couple of legs and some corn. I smoked the meat for about 3.5 hours and I put the corn in for 1.5 hours using the recipe in here. It came out great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky