• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Char-broil Electric Smoker

wwinflorida

Joined Apr 9, 2007
I used my Char-broil smoker for the 2nd time this week and the paint started to peel off the inside of the barrell and the lid. Has this happened to anyone else? I wasn't too worried about it but it started to rust where the paint peeled off immediately afterward.

wwinflorida

Joined Apr 9, 2007
I sprayed it with vegetable oil hoping that would slow down the rust process and maybe season it like my cast iron but I am not sure if that is going to work. How long have you been using yours?

dodgefather1

Joined Apr 15, 2007
I just purchased a char-broil elec. smoker. Can someone tell me if the thermostat is controlled? I used it fot the first time today and never did get very hot but I noticed the light kept going off? Thanks

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
my unit turns off at 246 f---
the light goes out when rheostat is off..

i have written a review on this unit..
its at bottom of the welcome forum main page.

the one that come up when i log in

wwinflorida

Joined Apr 9, 2007
The rheostat and the light do go off when the smoker reaches a set temperature and comes back on as the smoker cools . I am not sure how hot mine gets - the thermometer I use to regulate temperature only goes to 220 but the guage on top seems to be inaccurate. It stays just below ideal when the needle on my thermometer passes 220. I am thinking about buying another guage and putting it into the side of the unit.

I used mine last night to smoke a Turkey breast, a couple of legs and some corn. I smoked the meat for about 3.5 hours and I put the corn in for 1.5 hours using the recipe in here. It came out great!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.