Championship Game!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I can’t say I have always been huge into College Football… I like it and have been watching more and more.

So, I am very intrigued by The Championship Game tomorrow night. I think it should be a really good game!

Wondering what you all are predicting?

My prediction is:
Georgia 35
Alabama 30

Ga 37 -24.
Hopefully and prayerfully lol !
And thanks for starting it off right Justin !

And free sample of my favorite local rub to the one who has the closest guess !

Saban is the best College football coach in the sport today. He is thorough teaching the fundamentals of football, disciplined, and knows how to let assistant coaches coach. He is excellent at game prep and always finds a wrinkle he can exploit. As a die hard L.S.U. fan I wish he never left to chase a career in the pros. And it still stings that he came back to the S.E.C. to coach at Alabama. I won't offer up a guess as to the score, but my prediction is that the game will be close-within 10 points at the final. Give 'em hell Georgia, but my gut tells me Alabama comes out on top.

Looking forward to next seasons match up with a new coaching staff @ LSU....we are rebuilding...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Well I definitely don't have a clue but here's to this blind squirrel finding 2 acorns this season!
24 - 17 Alabama

And those are some great rubs Keith!
Your care package hasn't been sent yet be on it's way soon!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
Hoping for a good game. The SEC wasn't all that great this year but the National Champions will be from the SEC again.
My guess is 17-14 Smart finally beats Saban

I said earlier when they played for the SEC title, You give Sabin 2 weeks to prep for a game You gonna loss. They almost beat LSU 2019 when LSU with Burrows had a perfect season.

My head says Sabin, but my heart says Smart is due. Even the Book is favoring Bama. I'll take Bama and give the points.

So I'm an SEC fan and grew up listening to my dad "preach" about how great Alabama and Bear Bryant were, but I never really became a big fan. I always liked the Gamecocks from way back in their ACC days even though they have never won anything meaningful. I have been to a couple of games in Athens where the fans weren't always very nice to visitors so that has tainted my opinion of them. Now our daughter is married to a big Georgia fan so therein lies my dilemma. Dad or son-in-law? I really am indifferent about either, but Nick always seems to find a way and I think once again the student, Kirby, will get another lesson from his teacher...
Alabama - 21
Georgia - 10

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Well I definitely don't have a clue but here's to this blind squirrel finding 2 acorns this season!
24 - 17 Alabama

And those are some great rubs Keith!
Your care package hasn't been sent yet be on it's way soon!

Ryan
Haha sorry Ryan but your pick excludes you.
Where's the love ? 😉
My heart says Ga even though my head says Bama🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Saban is the best College football coach in the sport today. He is thorough teaching the fundamentals of football, disciplined, and knows how to let assistant coaches coach. He is excellent at game prep and always finds a wrinkle he can exploit. As a die hard L.S.U. fan I wish he never left to chase a career in the pros. And it still stings that he came back to the S.E.C. to coach at Alabama. I won't offer up a guess as to the score, but my prediction is that the game will be close-within 10 points at the final. Give 'em hell Georgia, but my gut tells me Alabama comes out on top.

Looking forward to next seasons match up with a new coaching staff @ LSU....we are rebuilding...
I feel like coaches get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. The key to winning is recruiting. Jimmy's and Joes are more important than X's and O's.

I feel like coaches get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. The key to winning is recruiting. Jimmy's and Joes are more important than X's and O's.
I wish it was all about recruiting - if so my Penn State Nittany Lions would be doing a hell of a lot better than they are. Recruiting is obviously critical and Franklin is a top notch recruiter but the Xs and Os aren't there, so we finished in a middling position in the Big 10 with another mediocre bowl appearance. Expect more of the same next year.

And as for the game tonight... I wish it weren't so but unwise to bet against Saban and Alabama in these games. I hope to be proven wrong - would love to see Georgia take them down.

Married to a 'Bama fan. So I gotta pull for them. Just hoping for a good game! I say it will come down to a field goal.
Jim

I wish it was all about recruiting - if so my Penn State Nittany Lions would be doing a hell of a lot better than they are. Recruiting is obviously critical and Franklin is a top notch recruiter but the Xs and Os aren't there, so we finished in a middling position in the Big 10 with another mediocre bowl appearance. Expect more of the same next year.

And as for the game tonight... I wish it weren't so but unwise to bet against Saban and Alabama in these games. I hope to be proven wrong - would love to see Georgia take them down.

It’s all about the money now. College players are now getting paid to play for a University.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky