• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

CG 980 fan flap destroyed

Three B's

Joined Mar 17, 2020
My temp kept climbing and I took look and the fan flap is burnt up. Without this flap air continues to flow through and raise the temps. I have barely used this and never above 500. How could this not be made of better material? I’m doubting they have replacement parts to send and I’m thinking unless it’s better material it will just continue to burn up.

Anyone else have this issue or have a permanent solution?

Attachments

mcokevin

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 18, 2016
Wow, that is rough. First thing I would do is contact CG support. If this is a design failure they will have a solution hopefully pretty quickly. If you just got unlucky they should be able to send replacement parts that fix your problem.

O C

Joined May 10, 2021
I've had mine for a little over a week now, 5 cooks so far, two nights were pizzas at 600+ degrees, no issues. Hope they will make it right for you.

Three B's

Joined Mar 17, 2020
I submitted a Warranty Claim and just a little bit of back and forth. Now I am just waiting for them to confirm they will warranty it so we'll see. The assumption is that the wood in the ash bin burnt hot and fast and the flames did the damage. CG recommends adding wood to the ash bin so I would imagine they saw this occasionally during their own testing.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.