CFB BLUES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
So now that college football season is on the brink of NONE, I guess ill be losing some weight. While i dont agree with canceling it along with other aspects of this covid thing, it will affect my smokes non the less, as that is my favorite time to fire up. About 4 to 6 Saturdays was a smoke and cook day. Get up and do chores and around noon start getting ready to smoke. TV on favorite game outside under the pavillion , firepit rolling some smoke, adult beverage and some meat in stick burner. All day and into the evening football and food made a great relaxing change of pace. Yep i know i can still cook smoke and drink and cook it just wont be the same without the game on and yelling at refs and cheering on good hit or TD. Anyone else going to miss football sat smokes?

I quit watching NFL about 3 years ago but I am definitely gonna miss watching my Mississippi State Bulldogs play on Saturday. As of yet sec hasn't cancelled but I'm certain they will. I agree with you. Saturdays in the fall won't be the same at all

Reactions: phathead69
I quit watching NFL about 3 years ago but I am definitely gonna miss watching my Mississippi State Bulldogs play on Saturday. As of yet sec hasn't cancelled but I'm certain they will. I agree with you. Saturdays in the fall won't be the same at all
Same here on NFL. Name like TNJAKE and your team is Mississippi state. Blasphemy LOL. Yep will be canceled i think, messing up my whole fall.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Same here on NFL. Name like TNJAKE and your team is Mississippi state. Blasphemy LOL. Yep will be canceled i think, messing up my whole fall.
Lmao I grew up in Mississippi. Been in Tennessee for 12 years.......i assume you're a Vols fan. So we have one thing in common. We both hate Florida

Reactions: phathead69
Lmao I grew up in Mississippi. Been in Tennessee for 12 years.......i assume you're a Vols fan. So we have one thing in common. We both hate Florida
Yep on FL and being honest I gotta throw Bama in there on my not so favorites.

Worst case scenarios some weekends I’ll put on an old favorite game and roll with that. Despite the political BS in the NFL I still love watching the team. I am hoping they at least get in some games.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Definitely not how I was hoping to spend my fall. I’m about maxed out on the hallmark movies my daughters always have on. I’m thinking there is no point in paying dish if there won’t be college football.

LOL Al, they really love to give me crap about my Buckeyes too.
Thats what im talking about it was a whole day of watching FB even if it was one of the weak conf. LOL.
Just kidding for me it really was just a day from noon till when ever food and football and no worries. Even wife would leave me alone or join me as long as ot wasnt every Saturday.

Reactions: jcam222 and TNJAKE
Worst case scenarios some weekends I’ll put on an old favorite game and roll with that. Despite the political BS in the NFL I still love watching the team. I am hoping they at least get in some games.
I watched last year's gator bowl last weekend lol

Reactions: jcam222
Judging by what's happening in Major League baseball, I have a sneaky suspicion that the NCAA will call off football this fall. I hate it. My beloved Vols seem to finally be getting somewhere. Jake, I lived in MS when I was a kid, and I can't wait to see what The Pirate and his Air Raid offense can do at MS State. Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss will be exciting as well. Those two hires put a spark in Mississippi football that hasn't been seen in a long time. On another note, I hope you, and your family are feeling better.

Dave

Judging by what's happening in Major League baseball, I have a sneaky suspicion that the NCAA will call off football this fall. I hate it. My beloved Vols seem to finally be getting somewhere. Jake, I lived in MS when I was a kid, and I can't wait to see what The Pirate and his Air Raid offense can do at MS State. Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss will be exciting as well. Those two hires put a spark in Mississippi football that hasn't been seen in a long time. On another note, I hope you, and your family are feeling better.

Dave
I'm from tupelo. We were #1 in the nation in 2014.....hasn't been THAT LONG lol. Us state fans call em Ole Piss lol

I live and die with the NFL 49'ers. If there's not going to be any college games I hope the NFL moves a couple of games to Saturday every weekend, just praying for a season. RAY

Here is my take...PLAY THE DAMN GAME! And let the Fans come. If a Player is Sick, send him home. If you as a fan planning to go to a game, are Sick...STAY HOME!
Is there no COMMON SENSE ANYMORE?
2020, The Year everybody lost their GD Minds!...JJ

Here is my take...PLAY THE DAMN GAME! And let the Fans come. If a Player is Sick, send him home. If you as a fan planning to go to a game, are Sick...STAY HOME!
Is there no COMMON SENSE ANYMORE?
2020, The Year everybody lost their GD Minds!...JJ
Amen JJ, and no for the most part common sense is gone. I think the rona virus took it all. Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky