Central Texas style elk and wild sow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtyruss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
San Marcos
Combined an elk I took a few months ago with a fresh wild sow at 50/50 and oh my it came out beautifully.
20171017_183541.jpg
20171119_132419.jpg
20171017_170737.jpg

They are a serious problem in certain parts. They will destroy a good piece of property if not maintained.

I've read about it plenty, got a few friends in Texas who have shot them for property damage, but don't eat them, made me cry.

Back in the day, every local fundraiser was a wild hog dinner! Lots of dinner tickets sold over the years. Its a win win for everyone. Free food for a good cause and eradication of hogs.

Back in the day, every local fundraiser was a wild hog dinner! Lots of dinner tickets sold over the years. Its a win win for everyone. Free food for a good cause and eradication of hogs.

Yeah, but you Texacan's hunt snaddlerakes, too.
Not that I'm agin it. But I'm not sure I'd wanna be eatin them.

Reactions: dirtyruss
I'll tan on the way down! Lol

I always wish I knew some one out in Texas who'd host them, I'd be willing to drive down for sure and drive back home with a backseat full of coolers Lol

Are they? Hrm. There's supposedly escaped farm pigs in WI the DNR said are basically fair game; but I've not read any one shooting them, so I'm not sure why the DNR declared an apparently non existent thing fair game!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky